It is always a wonderful surprise to look and see a comment left for you from a fellow blogger that you have been nominated! It warms my heart and is a blessing right from GOD that someone looked and read my blog. Someone, took the time to notice and a blogger knows we spend time as it is trying to post…….whether it is daily or weekly! It takes time to write and time to put the thoughts to paper or in this case on the screen! So I am very grateful Gail…….for your nomination! You can find Gail at: http://gaillovesgod.blog
The Liebster award is for bringing awareness to other new bloggers…….from the Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So I am thrilled to be included in this group consideration for bloggers! I am happy to list those bloggers too that I do enjoy myself. We all need a little lift up!
And thank you GAIL once again for nominating me!
HERE ARE THE RULES:
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
QUESTIONS FROM GAIL FOR ME:
1. Who told you about GOD? My Daddy! I can remember him sitting on the end of my bed, every night, talking to me about GOD, how HE loves me and to share my prayers with the GOD who sees me, wants the best for me and loved me beyond my understanding.
2. Do you have a favorite Bible verse? Yes I do, it is my life verse: Psalm 51: 10 “Create in me a pure heart O GOD and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” I have always loved the shape of a heart too. This verse is on several things found in my home. I have embraced it for years now.
3. How long has it been since you used a landline? Actually I must confess we just got rid of ours last year. We had to have one because my husband worked from home. But we both have cell phones and it was a relief to get rid of it!
4. What is your blog about? I started blogging after visiting a Christian writer’s conference. The most profound question was asked of us and it was this: if only one person read your blog…..would you still write? I decided that I wanted to write for the ONE who matters the most and who is the LORD of my life: JESUS CHRIST! Also, I knew it was a good way to spread GOD’S word and the Gospel. So my blog tends to be about walking in this world with GOD by my side. Honestly, before each post I ask the LORD to help me find a particular subject that week. I know HE sees the big picture and knows who will visit, so I try to discern each post HE gives me. I am HIS instrument and all I do is put the words on a page! Subject matter always varies, but be careful when you put GOD in the driver seat! You never know where HE may take you!!
5. How long have you had your blog? Well, I used to blog on blogger and wasn’t getting any traffic there which was fine, but in my heart I wanted to be on WordPress. My son, who is quite knowledgeable in any computer stuff, purchased my blog for me, bought my .com, and he pays for it each year for me. Isn’t that sweet? So I have been on WordPress for about 4 years.
6. What was your last post about? Wrestling with GOD. I think we all go to the mat from time to time and in the middle of the mess, GOD comes to us with grace and mercy. Our wrestling matures us and grows us.
7. Have you been baptized? Yes as a baby, and then by my Pastor friend, Peter. Yes his name is Peter…….I love that!
8. Do you have a favorite flower. Yes I do love Coral Roses…….color on them is amazing!
9. Is there something I could pray about for you? Yes, please and thanks for asking! I would appreciate prayers that my words here on HEAVENSREEF will always be pleasing in HIS sight!! MAY GOD continue to give me the words HE needs me to communicate with others and to touch others with the GOSPEL.
10. What kind of books do you like to read? Great question, since I started a Book Club in my neighborhood over a year ago and we have already read many wonderful books. But my favorite have been anything that is historical fiction! Just eat it all up!
11. What season is it for you where you live? I live in Arizona. It is winter here, meaning more clouds, more rain, but yet we get clear sunny days……into the 70’s. We love rain here because it never turns into snow unless you are in our high desert. But we are having a cooler winter here than normal this year.
HERE ARE 11 RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT MYSELF…….
1. I love writing alongside the LORD! I learn so much!
2. I love my Church and Church family and being a part of the Body of Christ.
3. I love to wake each morning and see what GOD has planned for me!
4. I love to choose a “one word” each year to embrace, live and learn about it with GOD as my teacher…….. and this year my word is: ADORE.
5. I currently love my little job as a dog-sitter caring for GOD’S innocent creatures.
6. I am blessed with many friends……all a gift from a good and loving GOD.
7. I am thankful for my followers here and for this WORDPRESS site.
8. I am most happy with Bible on lap, cozy covered up on couch with morning coffee in hand.
9. Thankful for my one and only son, who is a believer and watching him grow in his faith!
10. Thankful for my husband who takes good care of me, loves me and provides for us!
11. Thankful that GOD moved us to the desert in this season of life to see the beauty here……it is pretty amazing and I recommend it!
1. T. R. Noble: link is: http://www.nobledevotionblog.wordpress.com
2. Faith on the Farm: link is: http://www.faithonthefarm17044257.wordpress.com
3. Daryl Madden: link is: http://darylmadden.wordpress.com
4. Undying Joy: link is: http://www.undyingjoy.wordpress.com
5. Brad’s Journal: link is: http://www.bra7sjournal.wordpress.com
6. The Father’s Girl: link is: http://www.juliachidimma.wordpress.com
7. My Creator’s Creation: link is: http://www.leoladurant.com
8. Life Lessons from around the Dinner Table: link is: http://www.lifelessonsaroundthedinnertable.wordpress.com
9. i Write…my love story: link is: http://www.wcr281.com
10. Purple Rose: http://reluctantpreachersdaughter.wordpress.com
11. Whispers of Truth: http://www.godswhispersoftruth.wordpress.com
HERE ARE MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR THOSE NOMINATED ABOVE:
1. Why do you write about the particular subject matter on your current blog?
2. When you leave this earth, how would you like to be remembered?
3. What or who motivates you to keep on writing?
4. What part of the country do you live in?
5. Are you a mountain person or an ocean person? Which do you prefer? (Sorry 2 questions)
6. What is your favorite food group?
7. If you have chosen one, what is your life verse from the Bible?
8. When is your favorite time of the day?
9. What part of the Bible are you currently studying?
10. What do you treasure in your heart most about GOD?
11. How are you HIS hands and Feet in this current season of your life?
Congratulations to all the above blogs. I am just passing along the love to you. If you choose to not participate (cause it is a little involved) that is alright too. Just know that you were thought of fondly and I hope people will read your blog faithfully. Let your blog shine with the love of GOD and HIS truth. Let me know if you decide to respond and pass on the nominations to someone else. I would love to read your responses!! Blessings friends…….IN CHRIST, Maxine.